- Chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces: 2
- Spaghetti boiled and drained :200 grams
- Fresh basil leaves :1 cup
- Oregano : 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves: 5-6
- Parsley finely chopped: 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pinenuts: 1/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese: 1/3 cup
- White sauce :3 tablespoons
- Milk: 1/4 cup
- Olive oil: 4 tablespoons
|Image Source: marthastewart.com|
- First of all we will prepare the pesto sauce.
- Blend garlic, pinenuts, basil leaves, olive oil, parsley and salt into a smooth paste.
- Now add parmesan cheese and blend again, keep the pesto sauce aside
- In a separate bowl dilute white sauce and milk and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add the boiled and drained spaghetti.
- Toss it and sprinkle some salt and oregano, mix well.
- Now heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add chicken pieces saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the above prepared pesto sauce and saute on high flame.
- Add the diluted white sauce and mix well, allow the chicken to cook .
- Check for salt and sprinkle with some oregano.
- In a serving plate place the prepared chicken and then place the tossed spaghetti on top of it.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with grated cheese.