For the marinade:-
- Chicken stock: 4 tbsp
- White wine: 250ml
- Dried basil: 2 tbsp
- Dried oregano: 2 tsp
- Garlic, finely chopped: 2 cloves
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets: 6
- Dashed pepper
For the main recipe:-
- Onion, diced: 1 large
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- White wine: 125ml
- Double cream: 250ml
- Salt to taste
- Dried penne pasta or any other pasta shape you prefer: 450g
- Olive oil, divided: 5 tablespoons
- Place basil, garlic in a blender.
- Now gradually add olive oil, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In a bowl, combine chicken stock, 250ml white wine, dried basil, oregano, dashed pepper and garlic.
- Stir in chicken pieces keep it aside for an hour.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add pasta and cook until just al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and set it aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Now add finely chopped onions and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cook until the onions are soft and oil oozes out from it.
- Now add the above blended mixture and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken along with the marinade .
- Stir in 125ml white wine.
- Simmer chicken pieces, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Add pasta to the frying pan.
- Stir in cream and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Adjust salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve with freshly grated cheese.